Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: December 2, 2019
- Full Time
- Courtenay BC
- Visit Company Website
McElhanney Ltd. has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Survey Technician to join our team in Courtenay, B.C. This position requires a motivated, highly productive person to lead a busy survey crew carrying out legal, topographic, and construction layout surveys.
The successful candidate will work within a team on land development and industrial projects . In this role you will work alongside experienced survey technicians under supervision of a BC Land Surveyor.
- Be in charge of a field crew (2 person or independent) for various surveys including legal, land development (subdivisions), topographic, and construction layout;
- Perform on-site liaison between Project Manager and client/contractor as required;
- Perform computations of survey data as required;
- Manage flow of information between field and office, and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations;
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety and policy compliance.
- 2-year technical diploma in Geomatics with at least 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role;
- Effective communications skills;
- Proficiency in computer systems, and survey related software applications (MicroSurvey/StarNet, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Leica GeoOffice software knowledge an asset);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Periods of travel may be required for the role.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.