Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
Systems Design Intern
- Posted on: July 5, 2019
- Toronto, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Full time, Internship / Placement
Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto. As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS’s brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!
Position Title: Systems Design Intern
Duration: 8-12 Months (September, 2019 Start)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assignment will be based on the project needs, general duties may include but not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement & maintain tools and scripts (MS VB, DOORS dxl, etc.), to assist Systems engineers in day-to-day activities.
- Perform technical/engineering analysis as required for systems design.
- Assist other members of assigned project team in miscellaneous requirement specification and management activities, e.g.: Importing contract requirements and other documents into IBM Rational DOORS
- Trace customer contract requirements to system level and/or lower level requirements
- Prepare documentation for configuration management and customer delivery purposes following established processes
- Create or modify existing train control system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements & systems design descriptions by analyzing, decomposing, modelling & refining customer requirements.
• Accurately reports work progress & estimates to complete the assigned work.
- Currently enrolled in a university level working towards a System, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Computer Science degree accredited program recognized by Canadian Professional Engineering licensing body.
- Available to start in September, 2019 for 8-12 months
- Strong planning & organization skills.
- Being able to learn independently and take initiatives.
- Mathematical and engineering analysis skills.
- Very good written and oral communications
- Able to work full time hours (40 hours)