Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: October 6, 2018
- Hamilton, Ontario
- Visit Company Website
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s How We Work:
IBI Group’s Toronto office is searching for a Transportation Planner or Engineer to join its growing team.
Our Transportation team undertakes complex assignments requiring a diverse knowledge of transportation engineering, context sensitive design, and transportation planning. With a working knowledge of various disciplines related to transportation projects, such as municipal and provincial policy, and land use planning, the successful candidate will help to solve problems for a wide range of public sector clients.
This is an amazing opportunity for a transportation planner to grow within IBI Group’s transportation planning practice, working on major rapid transit and transportation projects around the GTA and around the world. The types of projects you will work on include and are not limited to master plans, environmental assessments, transit network planning, active transportation planning and design, and travel forecasting and modelling. Some recognizable projects this team has recently worked on include the:
- Metrolinx 2041 Regional Master Plan
- Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Transportation Planning, Delivery and Operations
- London Rapid Transit Implementation: Rapid Transit Master Plan and Transit Project Assessment
IBI Group a career you can Define…Discover It!
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will span the scope of our transportation planning practice, and could include:
- Assisting the Project Manager on a variety of tasks, including reviewing relevant policies, performing technical analysis, writing reports, and preparing presentations for clients.
- Assisting on major transit/transportation studies, involving the need and justification for new transportation projects, analysis of alternatives, demand forecasting, transportation system/network planning and operations, transportation master plans, new mobility choices such as bike share or connected vehicles, and sustainable transportation.
- Planning, undertaking and analysis of major transportation data collection efforts.
- Interpreting and reporting on travel forecast results and plans, communication of findings to clients/stakeholders
- Preparing design concepts related to active transportation projects, traffic impact studies, parking and traffic calming studies, and traffic management plans.
- Integrating transportation planning and engineering to solve complex issues; working closely with traffic, natural, heritage, urban design and other disciplines to develop solutions.
- Performing technical analysis and report writing to support studies.
- A University Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; with a Masters degree in transportation engineering or planning preferred
- 2 to 7 years of related transportation experience in the work environment
- Experience with the transportation interactions with land use/urban design, the economy and environment
- Ability to undertake complex technical analysis, using tools such as travel demand forecasting (e.g. EMME, TransCAD), micro-simulation (e.g. VISSIM, AIMSUN), GIS, database, etc.
- Previous experience with and/or knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation is a definite asset
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work with project or study teams
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with a commitment to excellence and high quality work
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Innovative and motivated individual willing to take initiative and interested in seeking solutions to complex problems in a team environment
This office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 5 floors, with over 650 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charity Golf tournament in the summer
- Softball team
- Running group
- Curling Funspiel
- Ski/Snowboard Day
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
- On-site shower facilities
- Bike repair stations
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.