Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
UAV/UAS Pilot and GIS/Geomatics Technician
- Posted on: November 20, 2023
- Full Time
- Richmond Hill, ON
- Visit Company Website
Arcadis is the world’s leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Arcadis Canada is seeking a UAV/UAS Pilot and GIS/Geomatics Technician to join our Arcadis Construction Services Team in Ontario. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing professional leadership in their discipline, establishing and consolidating relationships with clients, managing the delivery of projects or specialized components of projects, supporting the development of Arcadis capability and building/maintaining a professional reputation. We offer a flexible hybrid work model with a balance between remote and in-office work and site visits as required.
This role will sit within the Global Resilience Business Area. The Resilience Business Area works to protect our natural environment and water resources, while powering our world for future generations. Around the world, we’re feeling the effects climate change, rapid urbanization, loss of biodiversity. The rate at which we’re seeing large-scale, unforeseen events such as floods and wildfires, is becoming more frequent. We are here to protect our natural environment and water resources, while powering our world for future generations.
The UAV/UAS Pilot and GIS/Geomatics Technician will lead the delivery of projects ensuring client satisfaction, effective project management and good communication and collaboration between Arcadis colleagues. This role will engage with the client and all key stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of project objectives and to establish protocols for working together.
- Develop strong, partnering relationships with senior client personnel in order to identify and resolve issues, to identify business opportunities and to influence their decision making
- Develop and propose potential solutions, including solutions that fall outside the standard codes where appropriate, to meet or exceed client expectations Guide clients through the technical decision making process and provide alternative solutions if there are changes to project parameters
- Build strong working relationships with other teams and technical disciplines, Arcadis offices and external organizations to foster cooperation and to identify cross-sell and trade-up opportunities
- Provide input into specific technical aspects of individual bids to support the production of high quality winning bids
- Monitor Project Scopes, Schedules and Budgets and keep all team members informed with status updates and meetings as needed
- Work with other offices to share resources and technical knowledge
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry sector and with technical and legislative developments and seek out opportunities to develop a strong professional profile at an Area level (e.g. conference presentations, publications and participation in technical committees)
- Coach and mentor survey professionals to support the development of Arcadis’ talent pool
- Assign projects to Task Managers and Survey Technicians and monitor project progress with milestone dates and project reviews (as projects develop and pipelines become full)
- Travel to Construction project sites (around Ontario) an interface with Site superintendents and Project Managers
- Field data collection as required to meet project needs. Including Setting Horizontal and Vertical controls for projects, flying UAV, and processing data and creating drawings.
- Troubleshoot surveying issues on site and provide support to site staff
- Provide final QA/QC of surveys and database for delivery to client
This role will supervise staff providing leadership, mentorship and training as needed. Advanced analytical skills with ability to research and gather data for reporting purposes is required. Strong leadership skills with ability to manage projects and build client relationships at a senior level.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma required. Higher education preferred.
- 5 or more years’ relevant experience
- Must have valid Drivers License
- UAV Advanced Pilot License for Ontario
- Licensed Land Surveyor preferred
- Experience using Total Station with base and rover preferred
- Proficient in using Geospatial data management tools (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Arc GIS Pro) preferred
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone’s contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.