Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
- Posted on: July 19, 2021
- Full Time
- Surrey, BC
- Visit Company Website
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
- Maintain corporate web applications within timelines to achieve client objectives. Specific activities include the following:
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner, recommend appropriate course of action and/or assist with required changes;
- Create web templates that facilitate communication goals and adhere to corporate web guidelines;
- Plan and design information architecture;
- Perform search engine optimization to enhance web applications;
- Conduct search research, gap analysis, evaluate trends, and provide strategic search optimization recommendations;
- Run search reports and take appropriate action;
- Document and communicate additional programming requirements (scripting functionality) to the developer; and,
- Create, edit and/or assist in multimedia, text layout and content development consistent with organizational objectives, strategy, corporate standards and guidelines.
- Act as liaison between internal and external end users and Information System Service groups to ensure the smooth operation of corporate web applications
- Maintain website governance
- Maintain design and content integrity of corporate web applications;
- Establish design standards for web environment, including adhering to corporate brand guidelines and web design best design practices;
- Ensure web communications align with the company’s vision, values and priorities; and,
- Ensure web best practices, features and technology are followed
- Act as a resource to clients regarding the publishing process. Including:
- Provide client coaching; explore new ideas and innovations and identify and resolve problems;
- Conduct content author training sessions; and,
- Encourage consistency, quality and accuracy.
- Ensure the development and installation of new and revised websites, which includes:
- Review web applications to meet business requirements;
- Perform gap analysis between corporate communications strategies and the web;
- Review trends, and provide recommendations
- Participate in the management of small or medium-sized web based projects
- Create online forms to meet operational needs
- Collaborate with end users regarding form requirements;
- Ensure form design follows company standards;
- Set up user permissions;
- Provide form data to clients
- Prepare and optimize images and videos for web applications
- Troubleshoot first level web related operational problems
- Administer the web publishing environment, including:
- Maintain content author permissions;
- Implement workflow based on client requirements;
- Create and maintain support reference material and training documents; and,
- Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of web applications (includes maintenance, identifying bug fixes and determining enhancements, if required)
- Market and promote web services to existing and prospective clients; conduct demonstrations and presentations to potential client groups
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job
- Completion of a Technical Web Designer Certificate or directly related certificate from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two (2) years directly related experience
- Advanced knowledge of website infrastructure, operation, and design
- Advanced knowledge of applicable applications and web-related software programs
- Advanced knowledge of web content management systems and collaborative platforms
- Advanced knowledge of HTML programming and working knowledge of cascading style sheets
- Demonstrated ability to create online forms
- Working knowledge of video streaming sites
- Business analyst experience an asset
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills, including ability to share knowledge and skills with others
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, direction and support to internal clients and external consultants
- Ability to provide customer service in a large complex organization, with a well-developed knowledge of the value and use of the web and other communication mediums
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and provide trend analysis
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot first level web related problems
- Demonstrated competence in managing small to medium-sized projects
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees work remotely and some in office. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.