Community

GoGeomatics Canada

The First GoGeomatics Canada Newsletter

We have our first GoGeomatics Canada Newsletter.  With over 5,000 geomatics subscribers the whole team is excited to start communicating…

Top 5 GoGeomatics Canada Articles of 2012

To start the new year of right we are showcasing the top 5 GoGeomatics Magazine articles from 2012.  We launched…

My Top 10 New Year’s Spatial Resolutions for 2013

So as I write this, we are nearing the end of 2012 (or possibly the end of the world as…

Giving Thanks to Our Job/Event Posters, Sponsors and Article Contributors

GoGeomatics Canada would like to thank the following contributors, sponsors and companies/organizations for their support since the relaunch of our new…

GoGeomatics Awarded Contract: Maintenance of Canada’s Largest Enterprise GIS

‘Twas the week before Christmas and GoGeomatics has been called in to assist one of the largest non-profit clients in…

Are you a COGS Graduate?

Dr. Bob Maher has started to research ‘the story of COGS’. This is a personal project for Bob and his…

2013 Canadian Geomatics Conferences: GIS, Remote Sensing, Surveying

2013 Canadian Geomatics Conferences: Attending GIS, Remote Sensing, Surveying, Cartography, Geography Conferences Please note that we have an updated 2013…

Top Five Canadian Explorers/ Mappers/ Surveyors

Modern Canada is internationally renowned for its cartographic practices and strong mapping systems. Canada is host to vast landscapes and…

Top Ten Geomatics LinkedIn Groups

GoGeomatics Canada has compiled a list of the Top Ten Geomatics related Linkedin Groups. Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn,…

GIS Day Ottawa RADARSAT Tour

First off, HAPPY GIS DAY! Twitter was having a hayday with #GISDay tweets, and LinkedIn became a geospatial frenzy. …

“Bands” Around Edges Of Polygons – ArcGIS Online Tip

The essence of this article is: preparing a thick border around polygons for display on ArcGIS Online (but also in…

Vineyard Site Suitability Using Multi-criteria Evaluation

“Wine is light held together by water” – Galileo Preamble…. Beginning in my third year at Brock, I found myself…