Community

Geomatics Atlantic 2014: Connecting in St. John’s, Nfld

Next month, Geomatics Atlantic returns to St. John’s, Newfoundland for only the fifth time in the conference’s 30 year history.…

GeoAlberta 2014 Wants You Take a Geocache Selfie

GeoAlberta 2014 has just announced a fun geocache contest for all those attending their upcoming conference! They’ve hidden two GeoAlberta…

Wanted – A GNSS Puck

“I want it! I want it! I want it!” – “Magic Bus” – The Who The Glass Floor. There is…

Environmental GIS – City of Toronto Light Pollution Initiative

Nathan Heazlewood, in one of his recent articles, urges us Geomatics practitioners to be proud of the Geospatial profession. GIS…

Canadian Geomatics Students come together from Coast to Coast

What a start to the school year! Over 200 people from coast to coast showed up to the first ever…

Alberta Geomatics Group – Update on “What is Geomatics?”

Over the past year, the Alberta Geomatics Group (AGG) has embarked on a journey to promote the use of the…

Harnessing the Power of Geospatial Information to Bolster Canada’s Health, Wealth and Security

GAC 2015 Supports the GIS Education Community Everything begins and ends with geospatial information. Now more than ever, GIS…

The Changing Face of Geomatics – Learning Opportunities

In Nova Scotia in 2000, we formed the Applied Geomatics Research Group (AGRG) at the Nova Scotia Community College. The…

The GoGeomatics Back to School Socials Are Just around the Corner!

Over the past month, we’ve been spreading the word about the Back to School Socials to the geomatics community over…

Send Us Your Pictures! GoGeomatics T-Shirt Series

Check out the new “Photos” page on the GoGeomatics Magazine!  Just look up and to the right on the MENU…

The GoGeomatics Canada Job Board is Stronger Than Ever

Each job gets on average 1,600 views per month! Yes, you read that right. We revamped GoGeomatics.ca, creating an open…

GeoConference 2014 – A Global Event in Old Quebec City

It’s been seven years since the last edition of this GeoConference, organized by the Canadian Institute of Geomatics (Section Champlain),…