Community

gLoc8 CEO Set to Speak at Toronto’s GoGeomatics Social

GoGeomatics and the York University Geomatics Club have come together to present November’s GoGeomatics Toronto Social. Make some friends and…

A great GIS Day Team in Ottawa

Recap in Pictures: A Great GIS Day at Carleton University

GoGeomatics attended the Carleton University GIS Day yesterday in a great new space on the 4th floor Discovery Centre of…

The Calgary Geomatics Event You Can’t Miss this December 11th

GoGeomatics Canada and the Alberta Geomatics Group (AGG) have come together to present the AGG GoGeomatics Calgary Social on December…

VGI Data

VGI: the Wild West of Data and GIS

In recent years, high–resolution spaceborne imagery (HRSI), up to 50cm spatial resolution, has become readily available for no cost using…

The Economics of Using the Term Geomatics

I am very pleased for our industry that the discussions, led by GoGeomatics, surrounding the term Geomatics has been enthusiastic…

Lidar / GPS Terrain Modelling for Ice Jam Emergency Response

Prince George BC: Lidar / GPS Terrain Modelling for Ice Jam Emergency Response

Unprecedented ice jams led to extensive flooding in Prince George as temperatures dipped to record lows in the winter of…

Do Canadian Geomatics & GIS Professionals Dumb it Down for the Public?

Less than a week ago I was thinking about “Identity” and the Canadian geomatics community.  Recently there have been a…

More Than Just a Name: What The Geomatics Industry Needs to Reach The Public

There has been much written about ‘geo’ terms, and the awareness of them,  in Canada recently.  Jonathan Murphy of GoGeomatics…

November 1st 2013 Canadian GoGeomatics MERX Report

Here is the November 1st 2013 GoGeomatics MERX Report. Login to see the contracts on MERX TBIPS Prof. lnf. Service…

newspaper

The Top Canadian Geomatics Stories of October 2013

With October at a close, we want to take the opportunity to round up the stories most significant to our…

BC Forest GIS & Geomatics

GaiaStudio Software Inc. Simulating BC Forest Growth on the Cloud

As climate change and managing our environment responsibly become larger topics in industry, the media, and to everyday people, sustainable…

Evolving Education, Geography, Geomatics & going beyond “What is the Capital of?” in Canada

When I was in high school I developed an interest in geography as a field of study and perhaps a…