McElhanney Annual Civil/Geomatic Engineering Scholarship
Attention Civil and Geomatics Engineering students — the 2020/2021 McElhanney Scholarship applications are now open!
McElhanney is the oldest, employee-owned engineering and geomatics firm in Canada. Established in 1910, McElhanney is an employee-owned company that provides surveying, engineering, GIS and remote sensing, community planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. Their scholarship programs are for students who are committed to their community, technical discipline, and professional development. If you win a McElhanney scholarship, you get to interview for a summer co-op position at your local branch. These opportunities often lead to full-time careers with McElhanney.
About The Scholarship
The McElhanney Scholarship rewards the brightest talent in the industry across Canada. Each year, students across Canada are awarded a $2,000 scholarship, totaling $18,000 in funding to help support students with their post-secondary journey.
Applicants are evaluated on the following:
- Professional Experience or Development – Do you have work experience? They want to hear all about it!
- Community or Diversity Leadership – Have you made an impact in your local community?
- Student Leadership – How have you have influenced your school community?
- Academic Excellence – Take some time to highlight your key academic successes.
- For students enrolled in part-time or full-time studies at a post-secondary school.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program in Civil or Geomatics Engineering (as specified); student enrolled in their first or second year of study in a diploma program at BCIT and Okanagan College are eligible.
- Must not be a current or previous employee of McElhanney.
- Proof of enrollment will be requested for shortlisted applicants .
- Grades and transcripts are not required.
- Answer all questions honestly and thoroughly.
- Upload an updated resume.
- Submit your application by December 15, 2020.