Geospatial Job Seeker Resources
City of Calgary
- Posted on: January 10, 2021
- Full Time
- Calgary, AB
- Visit Company Website
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of project management services across the Corporate Analytics & Innovation business unit. You will be responsible for initiation, planning, resourcing, scope development, budget preparation, implementation, quality control, change management, contract management, close out and post project analysis.
- Manage a diverse project portfolio, including but not limited to:
- City Online Data and Intellectual Property Portal Project.
- Other e-commerce storefronts related to the Digital Commerce and Transaction System Replacement Program.
- Manage project integration including: project plan development, project plan execution, overall change control, integration, alignment and project cost management.
- Determine resource requirements and consult with the sponsors on appropriate selection process (assign, recruit or contract).
- Provide leadership to project teams, define/assign project roles and responsibilities, and develop project team members by allowing them to expand their skill base and network to become more resourceful.
- Develop and deliver presentations to the project steering committee, key stakeholders and council committees, as required. Act as the project spokesperson for all aspects of the project to all audiences.
- Prepare procurement documents such as business cases, tender specifications, and requests for proposal or request for quote.
- Work with internal partners to resolve conflicts and enforce service level agreements to ensure deliverables are met on schedule and on budget.
A degree in Geomatics, Geography, Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field plus at least 5 years of project management experience; OR;
A completed 2-year diploma in Geomatics, Geography, Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field plus at least 7 years of related experience.
Experience in geospatial mapping, processes and systems is required. Experience in ecommerce projects an asset.
A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
- Success in this position requires you to:
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizing skills in order to meet challenging deadlines.
- Have flexible approaches to problem solving, with an ability to lead teams through influence rather than authority and to work concurrently with multiple stakeholders.
- Have strong strategic, tactic and analytical skills along with the ability to lead, problem-solve, and make sound decisions.
- Excellent communication skills to prepare and present to a variety of audiences; well-developed consulting, consensus building and facilitation skills, business analysis/project management, negotiation skills, and the ability to manage contracts.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.