URISA GIS Leadership Academy – Toronto
August 19 @ 8:00 am - August 23 @ 2:00 pm
Geospatial data and GIS are an essential and integrated aspect in the planning industry. GIS is often housed and managed within the Planning Department. Many planners are also GIS professionals and leaders within both the planning and geospatial sciences and are subject matter experts in the development of current planing application and tools that help our agencies and our communities in extraordinary ways, from community outreach, site planning, emergency managment and hazards, to organizational/operational dashboards, and much more.
The URISA GIS Leadership Academy was designed to build managers and leadership for GIS professionals and users of GIS. Strong leadership is necessary to establish a solid program, operate efficiently and effectively, coordinate participants, adapt to change, and move a program forward.
The Leadership Academy is a week-long training in which participants will learn:
- GIS leadership and management techniques
- Strategic planning
- Successful team development
- Organizational capacity building and sustainability strategies (ROI, innovative funding ideas)
- Program investment and justification
- Change management
- Situation assessment and organizational performance evaluation
- Ethics and professional challenges
- Problem solving