GIS Job Search and Resume Builder Webinar: Nov 21
With the year 2020 quickly coming to a much needed close we turn our attention to new opportunities in the Canadian geospatial job market.
Finding a job in geospatial technology can be difficult. Covid-19 is not making that any easier. GoGeomatics Canada has put together an online career seminar to give job seekers the tools and techniques that will put them ahead in their job search.
This online “Zoom” half-day career seminar is designed to give new and seasoned geomatics professionals the tools they need to succeed in the job market. The seminar is particularly focused on those seeking work in GIS, cartography, remote sensing, programming, and other related geospatial fields.
Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director of GoGeomatics Canada and geospatial career coach, will be sharing his valued tips and insight for your job search. He is an expert geomatics professional with close to 20 years of experience. Jon’s career has ranged from the oil fields of Alberta to projects with the United Nations in Switzerland.
Topics covered include:
- Geospatial Job Market Trends during pandemic
- Specialty cover letters for GIS & remote sensing
- Professional associations – should you join one?
- Specialized GIS & Geospatial job hunting strategies
- How to analyze a geospatial job posting
- Salaries & remuneration
- How to handle recruiters & staffing companies
- Your LinkedIn profile
- Career strategies
- The interview
- The fundamentals of successful online networking
Date: Saturday November 21st, 2020 10am Eastern Standard Time
- “It was relevant to all job seekers from people right out of school to people who are in career transitions.”
- “[I am] very pleased with the resume and cover letter. I am excited to start handing these out, even thought there is not much happening I am glad to now have documents that will stand out and get more attention. Thank you so much for the excellent service…”
- “The event was insightful with the right needed information and positivity in this period.”
- – Chris