How to Land a Job in Geomatics: The Career Seminar
Location: The Ottawa Library Main Branch – 120 Metcalfe Street – Ottawa, ON
Date: Saturday, February 15th, 2014
Starting Time: This half day seminar begins at 9:30 AM and will run until 1 PM
Cost: $90 General Admission, $50 Students (Bring your student card as we will be checking I.D.)
Description: A half day GIS and remote sensing Career Seminar for those in a career transition, job seekers, those unemployed and university/college students. This is of particular interest to those seeking work in GIS, Cartography, Programming, Remote Sensing and all fields related to geospatial technology.
While a wide variety of topics will be explored, we focus on strategies that get you results in today’s competitive geomatics job market.
- What is a GIS & Remote Sensing Resume?
- Where are all the GIS and remote sensing jobs?
- Specialty cover letters for Geomatics
- GIS & RS Certifications do you need one?
- Professional associations for GIS, RS & geomatics in Canada: Should you join one?
- Recruiters and how to handle them
- Youtube Resumes
- Social Media and job hunting
- Your Linkedin profile for geomatics
- Career strategies for Geomatics
- The GIS interview
- Canadian Industry trends for careers in geomatics
- The importance of social networking
Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director of GoGeomatics Canada, will be sharing his valued tips and insight for finding jobs in a very tough market.
If you have any questions about the seminar, please contact email@example.com
Please sign up using our secure PayPal registration by logging in as a job seeker on the main page. Then go to the products page, and choose one of the Ottawa Career seminars.
Space is limited, so get your spot before they run out!