Everyone on our team is excited to introduce a new GoGeomatics group to the Canadian geomatics community. Our newest Group is the Regina GoGeomatics Networking Group in Saskatchewan. It has been a decade or more since a GIS group was in action in Regina (we think) – and Regina as well as Saskatchewan are continuing to grow! So without further fanfare we’d like to introduce our new group leaders, James Ashton and Brianna Kelly.
They have put this group together so we can all get together to:
- Socialize in a relaxed setting.
- Discuss or demonstrate a geospatial initiative or project.
- Present an interesting concept or idea.
- Share experiences.
- Mentor the next generation of professionals.
- Connect, strengthen, and empower the geomatics community in Regina.
Geospatial enthusiasts of all stripes are invited to discuss geospatial technology and development, learn from each other, and socialize on us. As always our GoGeomatics social events are free.
We hope that after the first social, other working professionals and local students will join us to promote future gatherings and form the leadership of the GoGeomatics Regina Networking Group.
Please join Regina’s first GoGeomatics social on Wednesday, October 25 from 6 to 9 pm at Bushwakkers 2206 DEWDNEY AVE, REGINA, SK, CANADA
The event will be hosted by James Ashton & Brianna Kelly. We hope to bring the local GIS community together for a fun evening of food, drinks and networking. See you there!
James completed his degree at Queen’s University, and also has certificate as a Geographic Information Systems Applications Specialist. He has spent most of his career working in Geomatics with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada in Regina, as a GIS Consultant on Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) implementations in Egypt and Ethiopia. James is currently Technology Manager for the Federal Geospatial Platform at Natural Resources Canada.
Brianna completed her degree at the University of Ottawa, and also has an advanced diploma in Geographic Information Systems. She is a young GIS professional and is currently a GIS Analyst at TransGas Limited, Saskatchewan’s natural gas transmission company.
Latest posts by GoGeomatics Canada
- New GoGeomatics Group in Fredericton: Join us October 26th - October 17, 2017
- Regina, Saskatchewan Starts New GoGeomatics Group - September 29, 2017
- May 16: Thunder Bay GoGeomatics Speaker: Rob Rempel – Research Scientist MNRF - May 2, 2017