GeoIgnite 2020 Online; Canada’s National Geospatial Leadership Conference: An Interview with Jonathan Murphy
GeoIgnite Online 2020: The theme for this year is (no surprise): Leadership In Times of Disruption
Next month the Canadian geospatial community will gather online for this year’s GeoIgnite 2020. Join Ted Mackinnon (Member of the board for Geomatics Association of Nova Scotia & Canadian Cartographic Association) on Zoom (June 18th 7pm EST) as he interviews Jonathan Murphy the founder of Canada’s GeoIgnite.
Here is the link for Zoom (Save it in your calendar) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84230124118?pwd=REhtVURFYVJPN1lvbEFNd3k5bGg4Zz09
The focus of the conversation will be on the exciting content for this year as well as a discussion of the challenges presenting a conference during a global pandemic. If you are interested in learning more about how the sausage gets made this is the talk for you.
The GeoIgnite conference committee, volunteers, and community thank the fantastic, speakers, industry partners and media sponsors who have stepped up to ensure GeoIgnite would happen this year. You can see a list of them here.
CONFERENCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
These committee members are individuals from the sector who have expertise and a keen interest in planning and executing an annual conference for the geospatial sector in Canada. They include:
Amina Deiab Chief of Staff to the Deputy Minister – Policy Coordination Office, Executive Council for Government of Alberta
• James Ashton – Geomatics Manager, Agriculture Agri-Food Canada
• Edward Mackinnon – Canadian Cartographic Association
• Bilyana Anicic – President and Principal Consultant at Aurora Consulting
• John Roos – Sales Director for Canada at MAXAR
• Peggy March – Canadian Geospatial Community Evangelist
• Jonathan Murphy – Managing Director and Founder of GoGeomatics Canada & GeoIgnite
• Anthony Mayne – Sparkgeo
• David Gachuche – Founder & CEO of Rivercross Technologies