GIS Days 2023: Call for Presentations & Map Gallery Submissions
GIS Days is an annual celebration of geospatial technology and its applications. This event welcomes participation from a diverse audience, including graduates, undergraduates,staff, faculty, community members and students from universities across the nation. This year’s event promises a dynamic mix of virtual and in-person activities designed to engage, educate and inspire.
The organizing committee is currently accepting presentation submissions for lightning talks (7-minutes), demonstrations (20-minutes), tutorials (30-minutes-1-hour) and map gallery submissions. Deadline for presentation submissions is end of day October 13th and deadline for map gallery submission is end of day November 8th. There will be scholarship prizes available to students for both lightning talks and map gallery winners, awarded to the top voted maps and presentations as voted for by attendees.
- Dates: November 13th-16th, 2023
- Location: Virtual and In-Person
- Registration Fee: None – This event is entirely free to attend.
Call for Submissions:
- Presentation Formats: Lightning Talks (7 min), Demonstrations (20 min), Tutorials (30 min to 1 hour) and Map Gallery Submissions.
- Submission Deadlines: October 13th for presentations and November 8th for map gallery submissions.
- Scholarship Awards: Scholarships will be awarded to top-voted lightning talks and map gallery submissions, as determined by event attendees.
- Inspiration: Explore past 2022 Map Gallery and Lightning Talk Recordings from the 2022 event for ideas and inspiration.
GIS enthusiasts are encouraged to submit their proposals via our submission form, available here.
To support presenters, the GIS Days planning team is preparing a lightning talk guide and will conduct practice sessions in advance of the event. The event will utilize Zoom Webinar, and both synchronous and asynchronous presentations are welcome. Sessions will be organized into blocks led by session chairs and supported by moderators. For those unable to present, we encourage the submission of maps for the Map Gallery.
For questions or to get involved as a volunteer, please contact GIS Days Coordinator Liz Sutherland.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of this vibrant GIS community event. Submit your presentations and map gallery entries today and mark your calendar for GIS Days, November 13-16, 2023.
About GIS Days
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Days is an annual celebration of geospatial technology and its applications. The event brings together a diverse audience to explore the latest trends and innovations in GIS. GIS Days features presentations, tutorials, a map gallery contest and networking opportunities, providing a platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration in the field of geospatial technology. For more information, click here.