GISP Certification Official practice exam now available
GISCI announces the availability of a new, official practice exam. This practice exam challenges candidates with 50 questions covering the range of topics found in the 10 Content Areas of the 2019 GISCI Exam Blueprint using retired, scored items from previous exams.
- This is an online, browser-delivered exam available 24/7. You are urged to use a browser other than IE for the best exam experience.
- Your final score on this practice examination will not necessarily predict your performance on the actual examination. Use your score, the performance information, and your knowledge self-assessment to prepare for the actual examination.
- After completion, this Practice Exam provides detailed score reports and a question by question breakdown analysis of your responses against the correct answer.
- This Practice Exam covers the content and questions similar to those seen on the GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge ExamR, replicating the exam experience as closely as possible.
- Passing Score on this exam is 73.
- Your Pass/Fail score for this examination is based on your total score. The percentage scores for individual Content Areas are presented to help you identify areas of strength and weakness, which you can compare with your previous self-assessment against the Blueprint when preparing for the actual examination.
- Practice Exams provide candidates an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the format of the test questions on the GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge ExamR. It is important to note that performance on the practice examination is not a final predictor of whether a candidate will pass or fail the GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge ExamR. It does not give an advantage over candidates who do not choose to take it and is not the only or preferred route to adequate preparation for the certification examination.
- Disclaimer. Taking, completing, and passing this practice examination does not in any way result in or guarantee passing the certification examination.
To apply for the new Practice Exam, please see the instructions on our website: https://www.gisci.org/ExamInfo/PracticeExam.aspx . There is a $30 fee, payable to our exam provider, for access to the practice exam.
The GIS Certification Institute (GISCI) is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization, established in 2004 to manage and operate the GISP Certification, the most wide-ranging professional certification program for the GIS Profession, and to promote ethical conduct among GISPs. GISCI has certified over 8,000 GISPs worldwide, and the GISP is increasingly viewed as a preferred certification in job descriptions.
Its member organizations include the American Association of Geographers (AAG), Geospatial Information & Technology Association (GITA), National States Geographic Information Council (NSGIC), the University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS), Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA), and the Geographic Land and Information Society (GLIS).
Media Contact: Candice Luebbering GISP, Executive Director GISCI