April 28th Ottawa GIS & Remote Sensing Career Seminar: Get a Job!
Location: Ottawa Main Library
Basement Meeting Room (Go down the stairs after entering the library)
Date: Sunday April 28th, 2012
Starting Time: This half day seminar begins at 1 pm and will run till 5pm
120 Metcalfe Ottawa K1P 5M2
(Click here for the products page and choose the Ottawa Seminar)
Description: A half day GIS and remote sensing Career Seminar for those in a career transition, job seekers, those unemployed and university/college students. This is of particular interest to those seeking work in GIS, Cartography, Programming, Remote Sensing and all fields related to geospatial technology.
While a wide variety of topics will be explored, we focus on strategies that get you results in today’s competitive geomatics job market.
- What is a GIS & Remote Sensing Resume?
- The inside track on GIS and remote sensing jobs Or a better description may be where are all the jobs?
- Specialty cover letters for Geomatics
- GIS & RS Certifications do you need one?
- Professional associations for GIS, RS & geomatics in Canada: Should you join one?
- Recruiters and how to handle them
- Youtube Resumes
- Social Media and job hunting
- Your Linkedin profile for geomatics
- Career strategies for Geomatics
- The GIS interview
- Canadian Industry trends for careers in geomatics
- The importance of social networking
All this and much more. If you have any questions please contact Jonathan Murphy at jmurphy@GoGeomatics.net
Please sign up using our secure PayPal registration by logging in as a job seeker on the main page. www.gogeomatics.ca. Then go to the products page and choose the Ottawa Career seminar.
Space is limited at the library so get your spot before they run out.