community

GoGeomatics Career Articles Roundup – Finding a job in GIS & Geomatics

We have compiled a list of our career articles to help our job seekers and those emerging into the consulting…

Furthering Canada’s Geomatics Strategy: New Visions – New Direction – New Future

The recent publication of the ‘Canadian Geomatics Community Strategy “White Paper” and Scenarios’ has added another perspective toward furthering the development…

Updated 2013 Canadian Geomatics Conferences & Events: GIS, Remote Sensing, Surveying

We decided to update our list of events and conferences that might be of interest to the geomatics community for…

Lawrence W. “Larry” Morley: founder & first President of the CRSS & the first Director General of the CCRS

Very Sad News for the Remote Sensing Community. / Triste nouvelle pour la communauté de télédétection. [CRSS-SCT] Canadian Remote Sensing…

Gearing up for the Canadian National Surveyors’ Conference 2013

We can’t wait to go to the exciting seminars that are happening at the upcoming National Surveyors’ Conference 2013 (NSC…

Who is Winning Canadian Geomatics Hearts and Minds on Twitter?

Who is Listening to you on Twitter? If you or your business aren’t on Twitter you might not even realize…

The Myth of COGS

When Jonathan Murphy mentioned to me ‘the myth of COGS’ as a topic of conversation in Ottawa I agreed to…

Canadian National Surveyors’ Conference 2013 from June 18-21

Are you excited about the upcoming National Surveyors’ Conference 2013 from June 18-21 in Niagara Falls? You should be! In…

Photos of the March GoGeomatics Socials: Calgary, Ottawa & Toronto

The GoGeomatics Canada Socials in March were great events.  I was in Alberta for the launch of the Calgary GoGeomatics…

NRCan, GeoConnections, CGDI, & the Canadian Geomatics Round Table

GoGeomatics Canada got in touch with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) in order to ask them about all the most recent…

Missed Opportunities in Canadian Geomatics: Lessons for the Future?

Jon Murphy knows how to ask some interesting questions – which is perhaps why I like reading what comes out…

Click, Trip and Away!

In honor of international Women’s day on March 8th, GoGeomatics will feature interviews and articles by women about women in…