Gearing up for the Canadian National Surveyors’ Conference 2013
Do you share our interest in cool new technologies? Then you’ll definitely want to join us in our seminar exploring Lidar and High Definition scanning and some of their many applications! Here’s a little peek at what will be happening:
HDS or 3D Scanning is a technology that allows surveyors to precisely measure and model 3dimensional objects. This technology was initially developed by engineers for the purpose of creating as-built drawings for complex mechanical rooms. Today surveyors are using this technology to model many types of objects including heritage buildings, statutes, bridges, tunnels etc.
At this technical seminar Murray Shantz – MMM Group, Thornhill, Ontario will describe the technology in practical terms including project planning, setting of survey control, point cloud data collection and subsequent data modelling. Mark Tulloch and Tim Blak – Tulloch Mapping Solutions, Ottawa, Ontario will provide an overview of Mobile LiDAR Scanning (MLS) with particular focus on recent project applications for a variety of their clients.
And we definitely look forward to seeing GoGeomatics and these great exhibitors there!
- Butler Survey Supplies – survey equipment provider
- Cansel Survey Equipment – supplier of survey equipment, mapping/GIS, GLC, Autodesk, wide format, and training
- GoGeomatics Canada – resource for the Canadian geomatics community
- Leica Geosystems Ltd. – land survey equipment and solutions provider
- MosaicHydro – hydrographic training
- Sokkia Corporation Canada – survey equipment provider
- T2 Utility Engineers Inc. – subsurface utility engineering
- Tekmet – supplier of survey bars and eco stakes
- UES Promark-Telecon Inc. – subsurface utility engineering
Don’t forget to click here to find out more information and to register.
We look forward to seeing you in Niagara Falls!