February 1st Toronto Career Seminar: Get a Job in GIS & Remote Sensing!
Location: York University Keele Campus (4700 Keele Street – Toronto, ON, Canada, M3J 1P3) in the Petrie Science & Engineering Building (140 Campus Walk) – Room 422
Date: Saturday, February 1st, 2014
Starting Time: This half day seminar begins at 9 AM and will run until 12:30 PM
Cost: $90 General Admission, $50 Students (Bring your student card as we will be checking I.D.)
Description: A half day GIS and remote sensing Career Seminar for those in a career transition, job seekers, those unemployed and university/college students. This is of particular interest to those seeking work in GIS, Cartography, Programming, Remote Sensing and all fields related to geospatial technology.
While a wide variety of topics will be explored, we focus on strategies that get you results in today’s competitive geomatics job market.
- What is a GIS & Remote Sensing Resume?
- Where are all the GIS and remote sensing jobs?
- Specialty cover letters for Geomatics
- GIS & RS Certifications do you need one?
- Professional associations for GIS, RS & geomatics in Canada: Should you join one?
- Recruiters and how to handle them
- Youtube Resumes
- Social Media and job hunting
- Your Linkedin profile for geomatics
- Career strategies for Geomatics
- The GIS interview
- Canadian Industry trends for careers in geomatics
- The importance of social networking
Jonathan Murphy, Managing Director of GoGeomatics Canada, will be sharing his valued tips and insight for finding jobs in a very tough market.
If you have any questions about the seminar, please contact him at jmurphy@GoGeomatics.net
Please sign up using our secure PayPal registration by logging in as a job seeker on the main page. Then go to the products page, and choose one of the Toronto Career seminar.
Space is limited, so get your spot before they run out!
Don’t forget we also have York University’s Geomatics Career Fair and our AOLS GoGeomatics Toronto January Social the day before (Friday, January 31st). These are both excellent networking opportunities for job seekers. We hope to see you there!